Practice 1 - Basic - Reading

Sem Comentarios



Basic reading - Conversation

Carla: Hi, my name is Carla.
Tom: Hello. I'm Tom Roberts.
Carla: Nice to meet you. Where are you from?
Tom: I'm from London.
Carla: Nice. I'm from Brazil.
Tom: Are you from São Paulo?
Carla: No, I'm not. I'm from Curitiba.
Tom: Can I help you, Carla?
Carla: Yes, please. Could you fill in this form for me?
Tom: Sure. What's your last name, Carla?
Carla: It's Souza.
Tom: And you're Brazilian, right?
Carla: That's right.
Tom: How old are you?
Carla: I'm nineteen.
Tom: And what's your address in the United States?
Carla: The hotel's address: 203,International Drive, Orlando, Florida.
Tom: What's your telephone number?
Carla: Where's that question? Is it in the form, too?
Tom: That's my question!
Carla: Oh, well, it's 904-643-8294


Vocabulary:

From - De ( origem )
To help - Ajudar
To fill in - preencher
Sure - Claro / Com certeza
Right - Certo / Correto
Nice - Legal
Can - Posso
Could - Poderia
Form - Formulário / Ficha
Last - Último
Address: Endereço


Greetings - Cumprimentos

Hi - Oi
Hello - Olá
Good morning - Bom dia
Good afternoon - Boa tarde
Good evening - Boa noite ( Quando chegamos em algum lugar dizemos "Good evening" )
Good night - Boa noite ( Quando nos retiramos de algum lugar dizemos "Good Night"
How are you? - Como está? / Como vai? / Como você está?
I'm fine, thanks. - Estou bem, obrigado (a)
I'm not good. - Não estou bom. (boa)


Questions and answers

What's your name? - Qual seu nome?
My name is _______ - Meu nome é_______
Where are you from - De onde você é?
I'm from Brazil - Sou do Brasil.
What's your address? - Qual seu endereço?
My address is__________ Meu endereço é__________


back to top